Welcome to the Office of Business Development, a division of Virginia Institute of Technology (VIT). We bridge people’s needs for meaningful employment and employer demands in business development, technology and workforce solutions.
We are the best at:
- Connecting our fellows with opportunities in the “hidden job market” through our contacts and relationships
- Fostering in-depth relationships with employers that allow us to understand both current and future needs as well as the key skills and training that employers require from their job candidates
- Placing people in the hottest job categories in the market. Our current focus is enterprise technology (primarily, cloud and mobile), entrepreneurship (particularly, lean startup), and product development (especially, Agile Scrum, DevOps, and project management). We continue to add to our list as we see the hottest trends in local markets
- Positioning and re-positioning our fellows to take advantage of market trends
- Working on real life projects to maximize hands-on training to gain valuable practical experience
In partnership with the Career Network Ministry in Northern Virginia, the Economic Group in Michigan, and International Club in Washington, DC, we are also developing the In2Job Pipeline services “to discover career callings and turn passions into paychecks.”
We proudly serve:
- Employers looking for business development, competent talent, and enterprise technology solutions. Our talented base of globally-minded fellows are willing to take your business to the next level.
- Learners and educators serving kids and teens, learners of English, and aspiring workforce. We are looking for both partners, particularly, to develop and market apprenticeship programs and fellows to get global leadership experience and discover careers in information technology and management.
- Employable workforce landing their entry-level jobs, apprenticeships, or high-potential jobs. Our primary expertise is career mentoring, apprenticeship, and hands-on certification, as well as management and technology support. The In2Job Network offers its complimentary placement to every of our graduates. Finally, special assistance is available to aspiring entrepreneurs and startup companies.
In simple words, we are about to provide organizations with additional business or money, students with fun, and people with jobs!
Please visit our About Us page to learn about (a) who we are, (b) what we do, (c) where we do what we do, (d) when we do what we do, (e) how we do what we do, and (f) why we do what we do. Please visit Our Media to explore our websites and social media outlets.
Make yourself at home – welcome to this outreach of VIT, welcome to VIT for all!